As of today, 3/18/2012, the Occupy movement is six months and a day old.
I saw on Twitter that you guys are trying to revive the movement.
Seriously, stop.
I do agree with a lot of what you guys are fighting for. I don't like cooperate involvement in government. I don't like the fact that over the past 40 years, even though normal workers' pay has gone up $0.10, that CEOs are earning 11 times more money compared to 40 years ago. ADJUSTED TO INFLATION (source.)
I believe that we need our voice heard more in government.
Oh wait, you can fix these problems without protesting things. Maybe like the White House petitions page to have your voice heard. If you really feel like you aren't earning enough to make a living, contact the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) to fight on your behalf.
Also, set things in perspective. I've seen the live streams on Ustream of your protests. From an outside viewer, you guys look pathetic. Repeating/chanting tweets?
"Sean is bleeding from his ear." "SEAN IS BLEEDING FROM HIS EAR!!!!11ONEONEONE1!"
"He has a boot print on his face." "HE HAS A BOOT PRINT ON HIS FACE!!!!11ONEONEONE1!"
"If you have pictures send them to me!" "IF YOU HAVE PICTURES SEND THEM TO ME!!!!ONE1!" Wait, who!?
Things started looking pathetic quite a long time ago. I think it started with the drum circles. What are you, a hippy party?
Then set things in a bigger perspective. You're the 99% of America. If you make more than $34,000 per year, congratulations, you are the top 1% of the world.
What else...
You know you can't win this one. Admit it. The whole movement was supposed to cause enough controversy and create new laws regulating income of executives in about a month. Now it's like the wars in the Middle East: the purpose has not been met, it's dragged on too long, and any news that it makes is generally negative.
Give up your fight. Find another occasion to protest.
Next time, be swift.
Next time, hit hard.
Next time, continue being peaceful.
Next time, expose ALL cooperate dirtiness.
Next time, take into account what others in the world are going through. You are the 1% of the world. Change that, and maybe you won't be the 99% of America.
No comments:
Post a Comment